Top ten highlights in labour-social affairs sector
Friday, 2015-01-02 04:36:18
NDO – Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs has announced the top ten outstanding events of the labour-social affairs sector in 2014.
1. The year 2014 saw a large number of important laws in the field of employment and social security to be built, submitted and passed at National Assembly (NA) sessions.
2. The UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities was ratified at the 8th session of the 13th NA, representing Vietnam’s commitments to respect and fully implement the rights of persons with disabilities in the country.
3. Vietnam successfully organised the 10th ASEAN Skills Competition. The hosts also achieved outstanding results ranking first at the event.
4. For the first time ever, the number of Vietnamese employees working under overseas contracts has exceeded 100,000 people.
Vietnamese employees working under overseas contracts in 2014 has exceeded 100,000 people.
5. Many new incentives in the fight against drugs have been proposed to remove difficulties in organisation, management and support of drug addicts to ensure social order.
6. A comprehensive programme on reviewing support policies for national contributors has been effectively implemented throughout the country to ensure that the policies have been implemented properly following the nation’s Gratitude policy and moral tradition of "Drinking water, remembering its source”.
7. Vietnam officially joined the Convention on the Promotional Framework for Occupational Safety and Health of the International Labour Organisation, aiming to ensure that all employees are working in safe and hygienic conditions in the spirit of the Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
8. Many activities have been implemented to realise Vietnam’s commitments on the rights of children, demonstrating the responsibility of the State, families and society for a brighter future for the country.
9. ASEAN Women Entrepreneurs Network was launched at the initiative of the Vietnam’s Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs under the framework of the ASEAN Committee on Women’s agenda and the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community's master plan during 2011-2015 period.
10. After two years of implementation, the ‘Together with children to school’ programme has reached its final target after going through all 63 provinces and cities across the nation, with more than VND30 billion (US$1.41 million) awarded to support over 10,000 children in difficult circumstances in studying.
‘Together with children to school’ programme has supported over 10,000 children in difficult circumstances in studying during the last two years. (Image credit: VNA)