Activities held to commemorate Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day
Sunday, 2017-06-18 08:36:19
NDO – A wide range of activities are being held nationwide to celebrate the 92nd anniversary of Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day (June 21, 1925-2017).
In Hanoi, the Steering Committee for the North-western Region has recently hosted a meeting with central and local press agencies in the northwest.
Hau A Lenh, Deputy Chairman of the Steering Committee highly appreciated contributions by the media on socio-economic development of the Northwest, contributing importantly to comprehensively propagating information about the region and supporting provinces in the Northwest to attract investment, develop tourism and improve people's living standards.
At the same time, press agencies have clarified issues of public concern in the region, while fighting against false allegations made by hostile forces, thus contributing to strengthening and maintaining national security and defence and consolidating the great national unity bloc.
Lenh expressed his wish that in the coming time, press agencies would continue to coordinate with the Northwest Steering Committee to promote information providing and promotion of potentials and advantages in socio-economic development for the whole region.
* On June 17, the authorities of Thanh Hoa organised a workshop to deploy plans in response to the second National Press Awards on Party Building (Gold Hammer and Sickle Award) 2017. The annual awards are hosted by the Party Central Committee Organisation Commission in coordination with Nhan Dan Newspaper, the Communist Review, Vietnam Television and the Vietnam Journalists’ Association.
At the event, delegates reviewed results and limitations during implementation of the award in 2016, while discussing plans to respond to the 2017 version with focused works and increased publicity on Party building.
Visitors to the Imprint exhibition. (Credit: danviet)
* The Hanoi Photo Correspondents Club in collaboration with the Hanoi Journalists’ Association is holding a press photo exhibition entitled "Imprint" at the Art and Photography Exhibition Centre, No. 29 Hang Bai Street, Hanoi.
The exhibition features 135 works by 38 authors selected from thousands of photos covering political and diplomatic events, as well as reflecting socio-economic and cultural development, composed in the past ten years. The pictures are both journalistic and artistic, capturing special moments from events in every part of the country to portraits and daily life activities.
The exhibition is open until June 19.
* The same day, Phu Tho Provincial Journalists’ Association held an awards ceremony for winners of its 7th Press Award 2017 on the occasion of the 92nd anniversary of Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day.
The award attracted 131 press works of various genres, including photos, radio, television and e-newspapers by over 200 individuals and collectives from local press agencies. The judging panel selected 52 works from 121 authors and collectives to present two A, 11 B, 17 C and 22 consolation prizes.
According to the organising board, the works had high quality and kept track of issues of public interest.
* On Saturday, Vietnam News Agency (VNA) and the central Ha Tinh province unveiled a plaque for a road named after Tran Kim Xuyen, Vietnam’s first journalist-martyr and the VNA’s first leader, in Pho Chau town, Huong Son district.
Born in 1921 in Son My commune, Huong Son district, Ha Tinh province, Tran Kim Xuyen was appointed as Deputy Director of the Ministry of Home Affairs’ Vietnam Information Department after the 1945 August Revolution. He was directly in charge of the Viet Nam Thong Tan Xa, now known as Thong Tan Xa Viet Nam (Vietnam News Agency). He was also a deputy of the first National Assembly. He lost his life on March 3, 1947, at the age of 26, becoming the first revolutionary journalist to die in a battle.
Tran Kim Xuyen road, which measures more than 2km in length and 20m in width, runs from Pho Chau intersection to Ho Chi Minh road in Pho Chau town.
* Also on June 17, a get-together was held at Hanoi Moi (Hanoi New) Newspaper for nearly 300 senior journalists from Nhan Dan Newspaper and other press agencies in Hanoi to celebrate the 92nd anniversary of the Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day.
At the gathering, they reviews highlights over the last 25 years in celebrating Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day, the traditional New Year Festivals and Hanoian journalists’ traditional relationship.
Thanh Hoa Newspapers team claim champions of the Thanh Hoa Journalists’ Football Tournament. (Credit: NDO)
* On the occasion, Thanh Hoa Journalists’ Association in cooperation with the province’s Department of Information and Communications hosted the second Thanh Hoa Journalists’ Football Tournament - Agribank Cup 2017.
Four team gathering local journalists competed in the tournament from June 13-17 in a round-robin format to select the top two teams with the highest scores to progress to the final.
The Thanh Hoa Newspapers team claimed champions after beating the team of the central Journalists’ Association Office in Thanh Hoa.